Our OrganizationFounded in 1995, The Brevard Alzheimer's Foundation, Inc. is a not-for-profit 501(c)3 organization. Donations and services stay in Brevard County, serve local residents and are fully tax-deductible.
With an annual operating budget of $2.5 million dollars and over 60 employees, the Brevard Alzheimer's Foundation provided 156,712 hours of adult day care, 57,000 senior meals, transported seniors 156,000 miles and provided 13,885 hours of in home respite.
We touched many other families through case management, caregiver education and support groups. Our organization is unique among other charitable organizations because only about 16% of our revenue comes from fundraising, the remaining is service driven.
Our organization is fully focused on serving both the client and the caregiver and is involved through care process...from early detection to care after detection and everything in between.
MissionOur mission is to provide quality community and facility-based Adult Day Health Care with integrity and compassion with an emphasis on Alzheimer's & Dementia related diseases. We embrace our responsibility to create an environment where those who cannot care for themselves can flourish.
VisionOur vision is that all adults and caregivers will have improved quality of life, be healthier, happier and age with dignity and grace.
Core ValuesIntegrity, Excellence, Compassion and Teamwork
HistoryFounded in 1995, The Brevard Alzheimer's Foundation, Inc. is a not-for-profit 501(c)3 organization. Donations and services stay in Brevard County, serve local residents and are fully tax-deductible. With an annual operating budget of $2.5 million dollars and 65 employees, the Brevard Alzheimer's Foundation helps many families thru care planning, caregiver education and support groups in addition to providing Adult Day Care Health Care, In-home Respite, and Transportation.
- 1995 - Brevard Alzheimer's Foundation, Inc., established on US Highway 1
- 1995 - Received a grant from Robert Wood Johnson Foundation "Faith-in-Action" Program
- 1997 - Brevard Alzheimer's Foundation awarded Project RELIEF
- 1997 - Brevard Alzheimer's Foundation accepted AMERICore ElderServe for Brevard County
- 1997 - Melbourne Adult Day Health Care Center Facility opened (Wickham Road)
- 2001 - Micco Adult Day Health Care Center Facility opened with funds provided by the Harry and Jeanette Weinberg Foundation
- 2006 - Titusville Adult Day Health Care Center Facility opened
- 2006 - AMERICore ElderServe relationship ends
- 2008 - Diversion (YourCareBrevard) program, established
- 2012 - 20th Anniversary of the ALZ BBQ & Car Drawing (held each year in May)
- 2013 - Long Term Managed Care Program (LTMC) established (Partner with Coventry Health Care to provide Case Management, Day Care and Transportation)
- 2013 - Your Care Brevard Ends
- 2014 - Inaugural Cycle 4 Alzheimer's held in November
- 2015 - Coventry Health Care bought out by Aetna contract ends
Board of DirectorsExecutive Committee
- Julian "Sonny" Simerly, Colonel - Chair - Retired, U.S. Army
- W. Wilson Sims - Vice-Chair - President, Coastal Directory Company
- Karen Chambliss, PhD - Treasurer - Independent Contractor
- David Slonim, Esq - Secretary - Elder Law Attorney
- Ben Inghram - Director - NASA
- George Cusimano, Colonel - Director - Retired, USAF
- Richard Lewis - Director - President and CEO of White Directory Publishers
- Marty Eyster-Mercado - Director - Community Activist, Fundraiser
- Dan Diesel - Director - City of Titusville, Titusville High School
- Janet Rooks- Director - Main Street PMC/Senior Services
- Melba Lochmandy - Director - Owner/Publisher Barefoot Bay Tattler
- Dr. Pamela Tronetti - Geriatrician, Medical Director, Main Street PMC/Senior Services
Partners and Sponsors
- Brevard County, Florida
- Florida Department of Elder Affairs
- Senior Resource Alliance
- United Way of Brevard
- Community Foundation for Brevard
- Florida Department of Transportation
Partners of Excellence
|Virtual Dementia Tour Partners||Caregiver Cafe Partners||Other Partners|
East Central Florida Memory Disorder Clinic
Hospice of St. Francis
East Central Florida Memory Disorder Clinic
|Holy Name of Jesus Church - Provide venue for Fearless Caregiver Conference Hospice of St. Francis - Provide meeting room for Caregiver Support Groups|
|Vitas - Hospice||Brown's Classic Autos||Coastal Directory|
|Click Here||Click Here||Click Here||Click Here||Click Here|
"I don't know what I would have done without The Club. I got time back. I got my health and sanity back. It really put caring for my mom back within reality. Because of all the services that the Brevard Alzheimer's Foundation helped us with, she is stable, happier, and healthier than when I initially brought her down. I've been able to keep her at home, which is what we both wanted."
Caregiver, Melbourne, Florida
The Club really changed his life, and helped him until the end. The club not only helped Jack, but me as well. I depended heavily on the support groups, and received support until his passing.
Support Group Facilitator, Melbourne, Florida
Fred loved being at the club. He enjoyed people. He didn't like showers and other things but he liked the people who cared for him and really appreciated what you had to do to help him. Thank all of you. You are all doing a good job. We miss him so much but he is at peace at last.